- District 6440 has had a 501(c)(3) charitable fund for many years, but its mission was limited to scholarships.
- Many, but not all, clubs in D6440 have their own 501(c)(3) foundation, separate from their club, for the purpose of collecting tax-advantaged contributions and disbursing charitable grants. Other clubs would like to have, and benefit from, the availability of a 501(c)(3) foundation at the district level through which they could similarly collect tax-advantaged contributions and disburse charitable grants.
- District 6440 desires the capability of soliciting tax-deductible contributions to fund district charitable activities including grants, projects, and disaster relief*.
*Starting July 1, 2016, D6440 has a Disaster Relief Liaison in district leadership charged with the responsibility of being the primary point of contact for D6440 requests for relief, i.e. fires, flood, tornados, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.
The Rotary District 6440 Charitable Fund Inc. has been established to accept donations to fund charitable and educational activities developed and sponsored by Rotary District 6440, the individual Rotary Clubs in Rotary District 6440, and The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International. These include community service projects and international service projects generally in the following areas of focus.
- Prevention and resolution of conflicts and the promotion of peace
- Prevention and treatment of disease
- Clean water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development
Officers and Directors
The leadership of the D6440 Charitable Fund is based on Rotary District 6440 leadership, both of which change annually.
The Officers and Directors of the D6440 Foundation for 2016-2017 are as follows.
Rodney Adams, President and Director
Donald Brewer, Vice-President and Director
Julie Clark, Secretary and Director
Sarah Oliver, Treasurer and Director
Richard Rivkin, Director
For more information, contact any of the above or e-mail 501c3@Rotary6440.org
Complete the Application For Funding form. Once completed, submit to D6440 Charitable Fund (501c3@Rotary6440.org) for preliminary review and, upon approval, will be posted on the web-site as a project open for contributions.
May be made by credit card via PayPal with this form or by check mailed to the current Charitable Fund treasurer. Donations by check will credit the project for 100% of the donation. Donations by credit card will credit the project for 96% of the donation in order to cover the PayPal and credit card processing fees.
Rotary District 6440 Charitable Fund, Inc.
P.O. Box 90
Deerfield, IL 60015
The Charitable Fund treasurer will send tax-deductible donation receipts to the donors. The project funding originator will be advised of contributions received and the web page will be updated with the project funding status.
Contributions must designate a specific exempt purpose, for example
- HealthRays Digital X-Ray Project
- Global Grant #_____
- District Grant #______ for Rotary Club of __________
- Rotary Club of _____________ club project (recipient must meet IRS definition of exempt recipient)
- ShelterBox on behalf of _______________________
- Rotary Emergency Relief Project for/in _____________________
- Rotary District 6440 Discretionary (Charitable Fund directors will designate recipient)
Disbursing the Funds
Once all funds for a particular project are received, the project contact will be asked for payment instructions. All contributions will be kept in the Charitable Fund bank account until projects are fully funded and payment instructions received. In the event that a project is withdrawn by the originator, the default recipient of the funds will be The Rotary Foundation for PolioPlus.